Thursday, July 15, 2010

50 State Goal

I posted this on my other blog, but since I want this one to be exclusively about travel, I'm going to post my goal here as well!

I know it's not terribly ambitious or original, but I've decided I'd like to see all 50 states in my lifetime.  I'm always aching to travel places abroad, but I realized I need to see and appreciate the land I live in as well!  There is so much to see, more then I will ever be able to see myself I'm sure.  I just like to think there is something worth seeing in every state, every CITY even in this country. I'm not just going to the major cities, and I'm also hoping not to just step over the state line and count that as being in the state.  Although I'm sure some visits will be shorter then others.  

This is my current progress.  Pretty lame!  I have to start somewhere though!  Eight out of Fifty is a start.




A few of the places I haven't been to since I was little (Oregon, Nevada, Utah), so even though I want a blog post on every state, some might not be up to par.  I will give it my best anyways!  I may be moving from Texas to either Illinois or California, and when I do that I plan to make a road trip out of it so I can knock a few more states off of the list!  I'm very excited about this, and I hope to see a lot of our country and of the rest of the world!  It's a beautiful place, and I want to see it!

No comments:

Post a Comment