Sunday, October 24, 2010

Texas!

I'm currently living in Texas until December!  I've lived here since August of 2009.  I got a decent amount of tourism in while living here, thanks to my sister!   I'm going to cheap out again and link you to a post on my regular blog, because it has videos from San Antonio, Dallas, and Austin.  All of which are awesome (go watch!)!!  




One of the most special things about Texas is the sky.  Other then that it's absolute misery to walk outside.



It really has been a great experience living here.  It's not my favorite place in the word by any means, but I had a lot of great and weird experiences while living here. 

I met a lot of sweet, insane, and special people.  
I occasionally focused a lot on my health. 
I traveled to Mexico, Illinois, and Louisiana while living here, and I previously had never been to any of these places.  
I learned I should not be in sales!  
I've worked at/been to a decent amount of NFL games, and began to embrace the sport a bit more.  
I saw Bono.  
I babysat my fabulous nephew, who I can honestly say has made me more open to having children in the future.  
I saw where JFK was assassinated. 
I saw two bands I love, Paramore and Tegan and Sara.
I had the best hamburger ever, a Smashburger.
I got to watch my sister and brother in law graduate from college.  
I learned to love dogs.  
I saw one of my favorite musicals, Miss Saigon.
I owned my first car.  
I learned to (kind of) drive in a big city
I wrote a few ok songs
I read 25 books
I set a lot of goals for myself, when before I never gave the future a thought
I learned to be more careful with money!  Pretty late in the game though haha.
I learned a lot of my own flaws and one at a time I'm learning how to improve on them.



I'm sure if I sat here longer I could think of more experiences, but I'll stop there.  This is more personal then travel related I suppose, but it really was a good move for me in a lot of ways.  To see highlights from most of the major cities, check out the videos I linked you to earlier!  I've had a great time here, and it's time for me to move on.  Illinois, here I come!



No comments:

Post a Comment