Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Broken Bow, Oklahoma

I literally woke up in Ashdown, Arkansas, grabbed a danish at a gas station, and gunned it to the closest town in Oklahoma!   I would have loved to have had the time and/or the money to be more picky about which towns I went to, but I had two days off and at this point, I had little choice!  I know Broken Bow, much like Ashdown, may not be the perfect representation of these states.  At the same time, I think everywhere is worth seeing!  People still call these towns home, and maybe it  deserves a  little spotlight!  


One of my favorite parts about going to these little towns are the comments I will get about where I should have gone, or people saying "hey, that's my home!" Being from Redding, California, I know how exciting it can be when somebody acknowledges your small town.  It's silly, but it's true! I wish I could reach out to these people beforehand and get suggestions for restaurants etc!!

No comments:

Post a Comment